There may be a charge if we send out an engineer to fix a fault or make an improvement, this may be covered however if the fault is found to be on our network or outside the boundary of your premises.
examples of chargeable engineer visits include:
- Your main socket needs to be repaired or replaced due to damage
- Your home phone extension wiring is impacting your service.
- The way you’ve connected your equipment has caused the issue.
- Interference from something else in your premises, such as your phone, alarm system, or a faulty micro filter.
- Damage caused by damp, flood, fire, or building work.
- Damage outside caused by things like broken guttering or trees.
- Telephone wires that have been accidentally cut.
We won’t be able to tell you if there’s a charge until after an engineer visits your premises. So we encourage you to carry out some simple checks to test your line before you book an engineer. If we can’t find a fault or fix the problem online, we’ll give you the option to book an engineer appointment.