This role is to provide network technical skills within the Network Platform Engineering practice for both internal and customer project delivery for all Daisy business units.
You will have demonstrable experience of delivery and support for a range network solutions, covering WAN, LAN, DC, Broadband, Peering, WIFI and security. You will be able to provide support and response to escalated complex 3rd line technical issues within your areas of expertise along with effectively managing business and customer expectations.
To deliver these objectives, the following capabilities are considered required:
- Ability to time manage, prioritise and escalate when required.
- Take ownership to drive resolution.
- Collaboration with colleagues and wider technical teams.
- Be customer facing and able to successfully interact with customers at multiple levels.
- Understanding of solution requirements and how they shape solution design.
- Validation of solution high level designs – querying missing or incomplete information.
- Provide estimates of effort for design and implementation work.
- Produce complex solution low level designs across single and multiple technologies.
- Confirming that the low level design supports the high level design.
- Production of build, integration and test plans for project delivery.
- Perform solution implementation tasks from the low level design.
- Test the solution components and overall technology build.
- Provide build, integrate and test status updates to interested parties.
- Create relevant and quality documentation to allow for handover to support.
- Provide flexibility with support and implementation.
- Ability to lead and coordinate others through all design and delivery activities. Accept ownership and accountability.
- Have commercial awareness and understanding. Have the ability to challenge constructively for better outcomes.
- Operate as an overall solution delivery lead as well as a technical lead, driving planning and improvement opportunities. Able to lead and support strategic initiatives as well as innovative research.
- Share skills and knowledge through training and mentoring of colleagues.
- Ability to communicate and present technical concepts to customers and/or senior management using architectural techniques.
- Ability to produce Sow and High Level Design/Low Level Design as and where required.
For further information on this role, please click on the following link:
Principle Network Specialist BB